I actually wrote this on 5/1/2007 - some things never change :)
I love the message boards on weightwatchers because there’s some very inspiring people on there that you would have never heard of before. I also love some of their signatures. One of them I particularly like is: “my goal is to take a good hot bath and have enough water to do so”!! this quote inspired me to make my own list of non-scale goals…. Too many times we focus on the number:
- saying goodbye to my size 22 jeans for good (I’ve said see ya later before and they came back)
- enough bath water for a good soak
- losing that spare tire so i don't have to wear shirts that go down to my knees :)
- finding my ankles again
- wearing shorts
- being able to walk in a store and buy something other than shoes, jewelry, and hair stuff
- having my patients not comment on my weight vs. my age
- showing the correct weight on my driver's license
- not worrying about my scrub top fitting over my butt or getting bunched up around my waist
- feeling completely confident when i look in the mirror.. just knowing that i did it!
- being able to play
- not feeling the rain coming because my knees hurt
- being respected at work.
- Having a waist.
- Crossing my legs and having my shins be parallel.
- being able to sit on a bar stool/high top chair without sliding off b/c my butt is bigger than the chair!
- being able to sit comfortably without one leg folded up under me (bad bad bad for circulation)
- Not getting winded just from climbing stairs
- No more heartburn
- Feeling good about myself instead of ashamed
- Looking forward to seeing people I haven't seen in awhile instead of dreading it
- Not being the fat friend
- Actually seeing my real face again
wow... this list grew a lot faster than i thought it would :) thanks for reading!!